Smart asset tracking & auditing systems that tell Councils what they have, where it is, and if something is missing.
Council equipment tracking Case Study
Geelong Council has in excess of 1500 pieces of high value equipment equating to more than $7 million in value across multiple facilities, over time assets go missing, creating a compounding problem and massive churn rate. The labour invested in periodically auditing high volume of equipment is exorbitant and compromised by low accuracy records. (learn more about Geelong council tools and equipment fleet)
With a population of over almost 272,000 people, the City of Greater Geelong is Victoria’s largest regional city and located 75 kilometres from the Melbourne CBD. Geelong Council has in excess of 1500 pieces of high value land maintenance equipment across two facilities located at the city centre. With 1200 staff and assets traveling onboard 600 vehicles, the ability to track, trace and audit is a fore loon task, and largely a manual process.
Understanding the true cost of the problem and performance damaging effect on businesses operations such as councils, has been the key to architecting a suitable solution. One which accommodates the value of the equipment and also the value of time in their management, to ensure that both are protected, by directly addressing and effectively reducing cap-ex and op-ex waste.
The problem we solve:
- Councils have hundreds of pieces of equipment, tools and plant which live on and off-site, management is largely a manual process.
- Knowing what you have and which asset is missing is like finding a needle in a haystack.
- Assets often get misplaced and go missing without awareness, until it is too late.
- Measuring asset utilisation is difficult and time consuming and suffer from inaccuracy.
The IOTTAG ‘next generation’ automated asset management solution:
- Asset Tags the size of a 20 cent piece which are fitted in minutes and cost $20 each.
- Inventory management system which automatically updates, provides alerts & notification.
- Asset performance reporting which helps you reduce asset dwell time, bottlenecks and increase utilisation.
- Asset location map which helps you coordinate assets with teams, when needed.
- Warrantly and maintance alerts delivered for each asset to keep them in ship shape and last longer.
Automate Asset tracking and inventory management
The Atlas Platform
Preview the ATLAS Asset Management platform. A snapshot of the dashboard, maps, performance analytics and reports.